Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I will never complain about warm weather again...

I swear. It is Feb. 23 (dad's birthday, by the way... happy birthday dad!), and it is going to snow - yes, I said snow - in Houston today. Areas to the North could receive 2" to 4" and areas South of I-10 will receive about an inch. But forecasters warn that if the temperatures are slightly off, that could change. WTF? Did I not mention what the date is today? It's the end of February. Our normal highs are in the 60s. Today's high was 45. Notice I say was. It's now 43. And apparently going to fall enough to snow.

Look, I'm not adverse to snow. I'm from Ohio, went to school in Indiana. I've seen my fair share of snow. But that's just it... I've seen my fair share of snow. I live in Houston, Texas. Actually, South of Houston, Texas, on the coast. That would be the Gulf Coast, as in the Gulf of Mexico. It's not supposed to snow here. But today's snowfall will be the second this season. We had the earliest snowfall on record back in December, and today's snow will mark the second latest on record. They say it's supposed to warm up after this. I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: