Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Saints go marching in

Congrats to the Saints, their fans and the city of New Orleans. To the residents of New Orleans, please, please, PLEASE do not set the city on fire tonight.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be upset if they won, because of everything they've been through (I've been there, too!), so it's good to see. I feel for the Colts and Peyton Manning. There was a lot of hype surrounding them the last two weeks, and a lot of pressure on them. It was really a tale of two halves. That onside kick to start the second half was brilliant, and I think it totally threw the Colts off in the second half. Love to see that a Hoosier made the pick 6 and sealed the win for the Saints. You don't hear that an Indiana Hoosier wins the Super Bowl for a team very often! Congrats Saints! Who Dat!?!?

What did you think about the ads? I wasn't totally "wowed." My favorite was the Doritos commercial with the kid who tells the guy "Don't touch my mama and don't touch my Doritos." Ha! The other good one was the plug for the Late Show with Letterman, Oprah and Leno on the couch. Of course, the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial was cute, as it usually is. So, those are my three favorite from the night.

So the burgers we made were heavenly. They melted in our mouths. The blue cheese and grilled onions on the burger were buttery and delicious. As for the homemade potato chips, well... those didn't turn out so well. They weren't horrible, but they weren't quite what I had envisioned. But the burgers made up for it. The spice cake was yummy, too. Overall, a winner. Like the Saints.

Hope you all enjoyed the game. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I liked the Betty White/Abe Vigoda Snickers ad.... Betty "running" a crossing pattern and talking smack in the huddle cracked me up.