Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Most popular food on Super Bowl Sunday

What do you think the most popular food on Super Bowl Sunday is? Wings? Burgers? Pizza? Queso? Nope, it's none of those. Although queso is a personal favorite of mine. I could drink it. Really. I would drink that instead of a beer. Any day. But that's not the point. I digress. The point is, according to the NPD Group market research firm that tracks American's eating habits, the most popular food on Super Bowl Sunday is veggies. Yep, that's right. I said veggies. Veggies. Veggies. Veggies. Don't believe me? See for yourself what the group had to say.

I haven't decided exactly what we'll be having at our house for the big day. Queso is a given, but besides that, I'm not quite sure. Burgers sound good. Ooo... with homemade chips. And some form of a blue cheese dipping sauce. Of course beer bread sounds really good, too. And artichoke dip. Maybe some hummus and pita chips. Gotta have brownies, too, and a chocolate chip cookie cake sounds yummy. And... OK, I need to stop. I'm making myself hungry, and I just ate dinner!

So, what's your favorite Super Bowl Sunday food? Whatever it is, have fun and enjoy the big game! I know I will!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I have a very good blue cheese dip if you need one! Now I am starving and it's only 8:00a.m.

paula said...

wow, you made me hungry...and by your spread, i'm coming to your house. my favorite super bowl food is bw3's wings, chili cheese dip and my little rye bread pizza's that i make. YUM, YUM!