Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pet Peeves of the week

Yes, I realize it's only Tuesday, but there are a lot of things that have gotten on my nerves this week.
  1. People who dis Peyton Manning. Last week, before the Super Bowl, you all were holding him up to this impossible standard, saying he's the next best thing to sliced bread, the greatest quarterback to ever play the game, if he wins this Super Bowl it'll make him the best ever, blah, blah, blah. And then he has a bad second half (not an entire game), and no one wants anything to do with him or the Colts. They're human, people! Look, I'm as bummed as the next Colts fan that they lost, but I'm not going to sit here and dis him over and over.
  2. Women who talk on their cell phone while in the bathroom. Can it really not wait 2 minutes while you pee? Do you really have to discuss with your husband / boyfriend / mom / friend what you're going to have for dinner while you're taking care of business on the pot? I don't want to hear that conversation, and I'm pretty sure the person you're talking to doesn't want to hear me flush.
  3. Women who work out / play sports with a full face of make-up. When I was the volleyball SID at Rice, we played SMU every year, and their team always had a full face of make-up on like they were going to play the game and then go have Glamour Shots taken. WTF? I know when I work out, I tend to sweat. And the last thing I want is make-up running down my face. It also doesn't seem like it's very good for your skin, but I could be wrong.
  4. Women who talk on their cell phone while they work out... with a full face of make-up. See #2 and #3 above.
  5. The gym. OK, maybe the gym is not my pet peeve, but my lack of knowledge about what to do other than the eliptical and some free weights, is my pet peeve. I feel like a complete idiot when I go to the gym and there are all these people working out on the weight machines, so I stare at them (in the mirror) to try to figure out how it works, thinking that maybe I'll get the courage to do it. And then I feel like an idiot because I'm staring at them, and usually get caught doing so.
  6. Cancer. I found out today that a good friend's mother was diagnosed with cancer, and it breaks my heart. I hate that disease. I can't do anything about it, other than give money to research to hopefully help find a cure one day.
  7. Wearing new white tennis shoes, and looking down to find a blob of bright neon green gum stuck to the side. Awesome.
Have a great week!

No comments: