Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ike

It appears that we're going to take some brunt of hurricane Ike. What that is yet, exactly, we still don't know. And probably won't know until later this evening or even tomorrow. It all depends on what happens as it crosses the Gulf. It's amazing how much meteorology you learn when you live on the coast. Stuff like steering currents, water temps, upper and lower level troughs... who needs to go to school for that? Just come live on the Gulf Coast!! But seriously, we're watching what Ike does, and we'll plan accordingly... plywood on the windows, gas in the tanks, extra batteries, non-perishable foods. We've got it all and we'll use it if necessary. I'll try to keep you posted here as to our whereabouts, etc. In the meantime, if I lose power, will someone please text me updates of the USC / Ohio State game?!?!? (yes, I do have my priorities set straight, but this is a pretty big game, and I don't want to miss out!)

No comments: