Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good news and bad news

I'll start with the bad. We just got our mandatory evacuation orders, so we have to be out of here by noon today. What way to wake up this morning.

Now, the good. Our flood, wind and hail coverage is all in effect (we thought we'd have to wait the typical 30 days after closing), so we're taking valuables and leaving the rest. I didn't pay thousands of dollars for nothing!

Looks like we'll be heading to The Woodlands to mom and dad's. Not quite sure what to do with vehicles, as we have three and only two of us. But again, I guess that's what we have insurance for. We contemplated putting two of them at mom and dad's townhouse, but they are saying we're going to now get 15 to 22 feet tidal surge, which would put their lower level under water (they're at 16 feet).

So, that's the update for now. I'll try to keep you updated as much as I can. Please keep saying a little prayer. I am now officially scared!

No comments: