Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Evacuating

We're not under a mandatory evacuation yet, but we expect to be by tomorrow. So, we're packing up and moving to higher ground. I hate this shit. I never know what to take and what to leave. I know we have insurance, but some things aren't replaceable. On the other hand, I have to keep telling myself that they are just things. And things can be replaced. Lives can't. So, I've pretty much got every photo and photo album in this house, plus a few other special things, and the rest I'll leave to insurance. Assuming they'll cover it.

The prediction is for the eye to make landfall in Freeport (for those of you not familiar with this area and Texas, Freeport is about 40 -50 miles southwest of Clear Lake Shores), which really is the worst scenario for us because that puts us on the dirty side of the storm, where all the worst weather is. They're saying we'll have 8 - 12 feet tidal surges in our area, which will flood our house. We only sit about 8 feet above sea level, so any tidal surge about 8 feet would not be good. I'll try to keep you posted on here as to our whereabouts and happenings. Please say a prayer!

No comments: