Monday, June 29, 2009

GREAT News!

WE GOT OUR OCCUPANCY PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really all I have to tell you right now. The city inspector came out today and took a look and said we're good to go. Welcome back to the island. Those words are music to my ears. It's only been 9 months and 16 days (yes, I am counting). Of course, the house isn't totally ready to go. The painters still have to come back to touch up where the sheetrock guys had to come in and repair flaws on the wall. I'm hoping that happens this week. Actually, let me rephrase that... that will happen this week or our contractor will die. How's that?

We can't wait to show off the finished product to you all. We're quite proud!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am so excited for you guys that the end is in sight! I have been following the whole process through what Justin gets from Jay each week and from your blog...it has been a real adventure.

Rob V. said...

Congratulations! After all the frustrations and hassles you have endured for nearly a year, it's great to hear that things are really looking up. You probably could open your own remodeling business.