Sunday, June 14, 2009

Amazing Anthem

Today is Flag Day, and in honor of our beautiful flag and country, I thought I would share this video. I was watching the NBA Finals last week, and heard this 7-year-old sing the anthem, and yes, I had tears in my eyes. Her name is Gina Marie Incandela and she was diagnosed with an autistic disorder at the age of 2. She couldn't (or wouldn't) speak, so her parents put her in vocal classes, hoping that would help. It wasn't until after the age of 3 when she began to speak, and she now sings the National Anthem across the country (I think she even sang at an Astros game once). I happened to see her on the pregame of the Finals Game 3, and thought she and her parents are pretty incredible. Enjoy, and happy Flag Day!


2 comments:

Kim said...

AWSOME!!!

Patty said...

AWSOME+1

and I love the fist pumps she gives at the end.