Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still at the hospital

It's after 8 p.m. on Saturday, and we are still at the hospital. Yes, this has reached the highest point of ridiculousness. I have lost my patience, and so has Jay.

The nurse this morning told us that it may be today or tomorrow for the MRI. That was not acceptable as that is the sole reason we're in this joint to begin with. For a stinking MRI. So I called down to MRI myself, and surprise! they were up within 30 minutes to get Jay to take him down. When we got back up, I asked the nurse what we needed to do to get discharged. That was at 12:30 p.m. Again, it's now after 8 p.m., and we're still here.

Apparently, nobody wants to "be responsible for discharging Jay if something is seriously wrong." Um, hello?!?! We've been telling you something is seriously wrong. We KNOW something is seriously wrong. That's why we're here. For you to send the MRI report and films to our doctor, who is aware that something is seriously wrong, so he can handle it. Not for you to sit here and continue to give him pain pills every 4 hours in an uncomfortable bed while charging us out the ass, when he could be resting semi-comfortably at home.

This is absolutely ridiculous! This is why I despise hospitals (no offense to those of you who work at them), but I've never had a good experience at one. This isn't our first rodeo with his back problem. It's not even our second rodeo. It's the fifth. And it's no different than any of the other four, except that it all happened over a holiday when the doctor was out and no imaging plaes were open, so we had to come to the ER for imaging, which in turn put us in this position. Yes, I'm pissed. This is the most ridiculous experience I've ever been through.

No comments: