Saturday, December 20, 2008

Military Thanks

So I may not have my house to live in right now, but I do have a roof over my head and am surrounded by my family and friends. There are thousands of people in our country who aren't so lucky because their loved ones are fighting oversees for this great country of ours. I just want to take a moment to say thank you to those folks and their families. Thank you for sacrificing for us. Thank you for believing in and loving this country so much that you put your life on the line each and every day. I can't imagine what it's like being away from your family and friends, especially this time of year.

If you would like to say thanks to our military personnel, click
here. This organization, called "Let's Say Thanks," provides a way for individuals across the country to recognize U.S. troops stationed overseas. By submitting a message through this site you have the opportunity to send a free personalized postcard greeting to deployed servicemen and women. The postcards, depicting patriotic scenes and hometown images, were selected from a pool of entries from children across the country. All you have to do is click on your favorite design and either select the message that best expresses your sentiment or draft a personal note. Xerox is behind this. They print the cards which are then mailed in care packages by military support organization Give2TheTroops.

Finally, watch the video below. It shows just how much our military personnel are missed by their families (you might want to grab a tissue). Please remember to keep these folks in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season. I know I am. When I'm feeling down and depressed about my situation, I think about these folks, and I realize it might not be so bad.


No comments: