Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Support Breast Cancer Awareness

This is a big deal for me. Although I haven't been directly effected, nor has anyone in my immediate family, I have many friends who have been effected by the disease. So, I do everything I can to help fund research. Here are a couple sites you can visit, and just by clicking once a day, you can make a difference. I strongly believe that. So please join me in making a difference, and if you know of any other sites, I'm happy to add them to this list!
As most everyone knows, last month was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The San Jacinto College volleyball team held a Dig Pink match, in which they raised over $600 to directly benefit the Side-Out Foundation. That may not seem like a lot, but for a community college to step up and raise that much is pretty significant. Our women's basketball team does it in February as well. Here's a picture of the girls wearing their pink jerseys. It was a pretty cool event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good org. to represent just to let you know tammie (bubba's sister) just had a scare with this subject but everything came back as just a tumor..benign..thank God for his Greatness..anyway just stopping by to say hello...and a little comment about the unfinished things...lol..that was really funny...still praying for yall..love you the fox family