Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Neighbors

Well, as some of you know, it's official. My parents are now my neighbors. They just closed on a townhome (NOT a condo... I've called it that on more than one occassion and was quickly corrected by my mother) that is exactly two stop signs and three stop lights away. Less than 5 minutes. More like 2-3 minutes.

How do I feel about this, you ask? I'm not sure. Obviously it bothers me a little, if I'm sitting here blogging about it, but as I've said before (and as my mother has said), "Who am I to tell them where they can and can't live?" Dad retired last fall. Mom is teaching one more year and then retiring, so why wouldn't they move down here? They don't need to live in a big house in The Woodlands any more. It's just the two of them. Yes, they'll be downsizing a bit, but not much. The townhome is about twice the size of my house, it sits on the water, and they're right next to the pool. It has everything they want and need, so it's good for them. They had been looking for a place down in this area for about a year, and I honestly never thought they would go through with it, but they did.

So, for the time being, they'll be splitting their time between The Woodlands and Clear Lake. Maybe that will give me enough time to get used to this whole situation...

No comments: