Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Edouard

So, after all the hype about Tropical Storm Edouard, it's here, and it's not as big of a deal as everyone thought it would be. But, I understand the hype. That's what the media does. Because it was predicted to be a direct hit on Galveston, that was the biggest news of the week. It's fairly windy here (the winds right now are still clocked at 60 mph, and we've had some pretty considerable gusts), and definitely raining, but we needed the rain. We closed the College, so I'm off work today, which I guess isn't such a bad thing. I'll probably end up doing some work anyway (that's just how I am, get over it). Bottom line is everything is ok so far. We still have the second half of the storm to come, but I think we'll be alright. If nothing else, we'll eat all of our hurricane food all day long!

No comments: