Monday, December 17, 2012

One month

It's hard to believe that our daughter arrived in our lives one moth ago today. When people told us to enjoy it now because time flies, they weren't kidding! Where did the time go?!?! We've loved every second of it, and continue to each day.

It seems like just yesterday. I remember that day like it was yesterday. And hopefully I will remember it just like that for the rest of my life. I'll be honest... I was a bit fearful of the labor and delivery part. I had no idea what to expect. And for those of you that know me, you know I don't deal well with pain. So I was a nervous wreck. I worked myself up into a tizzy several times, and for what? Nothing, really. It was no where near the dreadful experience that I had thought up in my head. And I'd do it all over again to have the precious gift that we have now. A beautiful baby girl.

It's amazing, and truly a blessing, to become a parent. Some days I still can't grasp the reality of it. It's something I've dreamed of for so long, and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would feel like this. I'm sure there are going to be days when I just want to crawl under a rock and hide, but so far, it really has been the greatest experience of my life. It's life changing, no doubt about it. And I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments: