Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

I say the same thing every time around this time of year... "where has the year gone?" It's hard to believe that 2012 is over already. And what a year it's been! It was an amazing year for us, culminating in the most amazing way... with the birth of our daughter. Who could ask for more? We're all healthy and happy and that's it doesn't get any better than that.

As I reflect on this year, I think about a lot of things. Being pregnant (obviously), and the ups and downs that come with that. I remember like it was yesterday the day I took the pregnancy. I woke Jay up early in the morning and told him that the pregnancy test "thought" I was pregnant. To this day he has not let me live that down and probably never will. As he says, "either you're pregnant or you're not." Sometimes those at-home pregnancy tests are wrong! But not this time!

It was a great year at work. I have an incredible team that I work with, and that makes my job so much easier each and every day. It's not very often that people can say that they have great co-workers, a wonderful boss, and a truly good organization or company that they work for. But I do, and I'm really lucky. I'm looking forward to what 2013 has to offer.

I made the (crazy) decision to run for city council and lo-and-behold, I was elected. What a trip that has been so far. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be an elected official, and I definitely don't want to make a career out of it, but it's been pretty good so far. I love Clear Lake Shores and I want to help make this little slice of paradise a better place to live. Hopefully that's what I'm doing.

Do you make new year's resolutions? I find that they just set me up for failure, so I usually don't. I just look forward to what the upcoming year has to bring, and I know this year will be even better! Overall, I have no regrets from 2012. How could I?! I hope you all had a great 2012 as well. I wish you a prosperous and healthy 2013, and I hope all your wishes come true!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: