Monday, December 10, 2012

It's a girl!

This post has been a long time coming. Sorry! Jay and I welcomed a baby girl into our lives three weeks ago today, and she is absolutely precious. She has completely stolen our hearts! This is probably the most you'll see posted about her on this blog. I'm not posting her name or any pictures, and don't go looking for anything on Facebook because you won't see them there either. We don't want that information online... if she wants to do Facebook when she's old enough, then that is up to her, but we're not going to post her name or any photos online. And we've asked our family and friends to respect this and do the same. So don't go looking for pictures of her on any of their Facebook pages either... just ask my dad... even he doesn't get to post pictures of her on Facebook!

What I will talk about on this blog, however, is how amazing it is to be a mom. Yes, as you moms out there know, it's a lot of work, but it is totally worth it. I am excited to watch her grow up and to see the person she is going to become. She definitely has her own personality already, and I can't wait to see how that develops as she gets older.

The thing I have enjoyed the most over these past three weeks is watching Jay with her. He is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I have fallen in love with him all over again. That is a feeling I can't describe. It gives me chills just thinking about it. There are moments when I see them together that bring tears to my eyes because it is so incredibly sweet. He is so in love with her, and you can see it all over his face. It's pretty awesome.

So that's the latest on the baby front. I could go on and on, but I won't bore you with details. Just know that mom, dad, and baby are all doing well. We're adjusting to each other and our new life, and enjoying every second along the way!

No comments: