Sunday, September 6, 2009

Swine Flu (a.k.a. H1N1)

First of all, I hope y'all are enjoying the Labor Day weekend. It's nice to know that I don't have to go to work tomorrow (really need an extra day off when I can get them these days) and I hope it's the same for most of you.

Speaking of work, we had a conversation this week with our safety director about the upcoming flu season, which made me remember this photo that I received last flu season when everyone was freaking out about the H1N1/swine flu.

This photo is classic. I absolutely love it. It's something that a kid would totally do, and it puts a little humor on a somewhat serious situation. And I say somewhat, because it's not as serious this season as everyone thought it was last season, or made it out to be. At any rate, I wouldn't be doing my due diligence if I didn't remind you to wash your hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water (sing "Happy Birthday" all the way through while washing your hands... that's usually about how long you should wash them), sneeze into your arm sleeve to help prevent spreading germs, and if you think you're sick, stay home... the people you're around on a daily basis probably don't want you to share your germs (no offense, of course). That's all the preaching I'm going to do for today. Man would my safety director at work be proud!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: