Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tiling

That was the house project for the weekend, and I am going to be feeling it (quite literally) for the next few days. I knew this was a huge project that we were undertaking, but I guess I didn't really realize how huge. And the amount of patience (something I'm not known for having a lot of) you have to have. I had hoped we'd have more done than we do, but I'm glad (and so thankful for the help) that were were able to get done what we did. We managed to get both bathroom floors done as well as the kitchen backsplash. We had hoped to work on the tub surround in the master bath today, but a couple other things came up, so we weren't able to get to it. Here are some pictures of the work that was done. Thank you mom and dad for all the help. We truly couldn't have gotten all of this done without y'all!!

Bathroom tile (still with the spacers)

Close up of the bathroom tile (Jay came up with the design all by himself)

Kitchen backsplash

More kitchen backsplash

Close up of the finished kitchen backsplash (still needs to be grouted)

No comments: