Monday, May 4, 2009

San Jac baseball all-conference selections

Sometimes I surprise even myself with my picture-taking abilities. I don't claim to be an expert at this whatsoever... in fact, I'm really not all that good. I can do ok with my point-n-shoot camera, but when you put this thing in my hand with a big 'ol lens and flashy flash, I'm not always sure what you're going to get. But today, I surprised myself, and I'm kinda proud, so I have to brag.

The San Jacinto College baseball team had nine players named to the all-conference team (yes, we dominated the team), and to go along with the press release I wrote, I thought it would be fun to have a picture of them. Instead of the standard two rows of guys looking serious in their practice uni's, I thought it would be fun to have them "pose." Well, I didn't have to do much arranging with the nine guys (they somehow knew exactly what to do), and this is what I ended up with. Don't they look cute???

Like I said, I'm no expert at this (I know some of the lighting, etc., is a little off), but it's nice to be pleasantly surprised every now and then.

3 comments:

KK said...

Nice work!

Rob V. said...

You're too modest. You are better than you give yourself credit for. Your photography skills are rapidly improving and you learn very fast. You have a natural knack for making people feel at ease, and you have a natural "eye" for photography. Just keep at it and you'll keep getting some really great pix. The more I look at this photo, the more I like it -- it's got perfect composition and it just naturally "tells a story" at a quick glance. I think it's good enough to be used on Sports Illustrated.

aA said...

Yeah, when I saw it, I thought that Rob V shot it! Dang! You fooled even ME!

Good job, I like the look.