Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tiger's return

Yes, I realize I've been lacking in the blogging arena once again, but I just really haven't had anything big and exciting to blog about. Until today.

Tiger returns to golf at the Master's today. He is set to tee off at 1:42 p.m. (Eastern time). I can only imagine what that is going to be like in Augusta. And then this new commercial comes out.



I'm not really sure what to think of it. I kinda think it's a bit creepy... using his dead father's words in a commercial. I'm also rather shocked that Tiger (and his mother, for that matter) let this happen. As a PR professional, I'm a bit baffled by this move. But then again, it's Tiger... look at the last five months of his life.

I have to give him a little credit, though. He's made it through this week. A week that really isn't in his control. He hasn't been able to control the press conferences (side note: Augusta issued separate tickets aside from the press passes, to reporters wishing to cover Tiger's press conference on Monday... 206 in all). He doesn't have a prepared statement to read from. And he's held up pretty well, all things considered. We'll see what happens on the course this week. I know I'm going to watch. I'm rather intrigued. I used to like Tiger as a person and a golfer. Now, I just like him as a golfer. He's good for the sport. He's a jerk otherwise.

Will you be watching the Master's this weekend?

1 comment:

sharon said...

No, I will not watch. This is the biggest PR the Master's has ever had and it will be the most watched event ever just because he's playing. Who cares!