Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekend

I don't know about you, but I'm glad it's finally the weekend. It's been a long week. Lots of late nights at work, and not much sleep at home. This week wasn't so good for me. I hate not being in my house. I just want to go home. But that's not possible right now. And I probably won't ever get to go back to that house. It looks like I'll be going back to a house on our property, but not the house that we've lived in for the past three years and fell in love with and went through so much to buy. It's hard. Very hard. I know I should be thinking on the positive side, so don't even go there, because I keep telling myself that's what I should do, but I don't want to think on the positive side right now. I want to go home. I keep asking why, and I don't get any answers. I keep wondering when things will return to "normal," but I'm not sure I know what normal is anymore. There is nothing normal about our lives right now. And we're not the only ones in this boat (no pun intended). We talk to our neighbors every night, and we see them going through the same things we are, and nothing about that is normal. Waiting on insurance, trying to decipher FEMA speak, wanting to wear a certain piece of clothing or outfit, and then remembering it got washed away in flood water, looking through floor plan after floor plan after floor plan, wondering how in the hell we're supposed to pay for a brand new house, searching all over for the mixer to make whipped cream for a piece of pie, and then remembering it took a swim... NOT NORMAL. So if you're wondering why I've been the way I've been this week, that's why. And that is also why I'm glad it is the weekend. Maybe I can at least try to salvage something out of the weekend. We'll see. Maybe a Buckeye win will help things..

2 comments:

Rob V. said...

Amanda, those of us who had some minor damage from Ike and experienced some inconvenience (like being without power for a while) have no idea of what kind of hardships you have gone through, and are still going through. I am amazed at how professional and upbeat you continue to be at work, in spite of your circumstances. You are a real trooper. I just hope things begin to turn around and brighter days are ahead.

the photoSmith said...

I hope things start going a little smoother for you guys. I know the Penn State game didn't help anything :(