Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

So, I love this time of year, for so many reasons. For one, the weather here is finally resembling fall (sort of), and I love the fall. It invokes many childhood memories. We're able to have the windows open at the townhouse (mainly because the A/C is out, but we probably would have had them open anyway).

For two, it's a busy time in the sports world. Volleyball and soccer are in full swing, basketball is getting ready to start, and the World Series starts this week. How about the Rays?!?!? What a story that is! I think I might have to pull for the underdog!

For three, we're right smack in the dab of football season, both collegiately and professionally. It just so happens that the first BCS rankings came out this week, and while I'm a little disappointed with where the Buckeyes stand, we're not out of it just yet. We've got a HUGE game coming up this weekend against Penn State that could have national championship implications. I swear, if my Sports Illustrated comes this week with a Buckeye on the cover, I might strangle somebody at that organization. (Yes, I'm a firm believer in the SI cover jinx.) In addition, three NFL head coaches have been fired thus far (including Mike Nolan of my beloved 49ers), and Wade Phillips of the Cowboys is probably next, and we're not quite to the halfway mark of the season yet. Man, I love this stuff!

And, of course, it's a big election year, in which we'll all be voting on the next president of the United States. I hope you're all registered to vote and exercise that right!

With that said, my good friend PB found this column on ESPN.com, titled "BCS candidates make their pitch." It combines politics and BCS rankings (if you can imagine that's even possible), and is a good, funny read.

Enjoy!

No comments: