Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To middle initial, or not to middle initial?

Ok, so my last post was a little harsh, a little blunt, so I apologize. But thanks for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Have you ever wondered why some people insist that they (and everyone else) use their middle initial in their names, and others don't? More times than not, I include my middle initial. I have no idea why. I just always have (as far back as I can remember, at least). It's in my e-mail signature. It's how I sign my name. It's included in my byline when I write and distribute press releases at work. When I initial things, its always ALB (as is evident by the title of this blog). Yet, other people don't. PB (notice, no middle initial there), and I had this conversation the other day. Random, I know, but an interesting thought nonetheless. Don't ask me why these things pop in my head. Because I have no idea how that happens. It just happens.

If you haven't voted yet, please do. Early voting ends this week in Texas, so if you can't make it, please make sure you find the time on November 4!

1 comment:

aA said...

i use my middle initial when i "initial" something, but usually i don't use it unless it's a required field.

i guess i'm in a good business for my initials, ADS, and i am in graphic design and advertising! wow. maybe i didn't have a choice in my profession?

i voted, too. Last Sunday. Yay voters!