Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baseball No-No


I don't proclaim to be a Boston Red Sox fan. Never have been, probably never will be. I have no real reason to be. Everyone knows I root for the 'Stros. But last night one of the biggest feats in baseball happened (no, it wasn't the Cubs beating the Astros... oh wait, that's not a feat at all, my bad), and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. Jon Lester threw a no-hitter for the Sox, this after overcoming cancer two years ago and pitching the Red Sox to the World Series title last season. How cool is that? Maybe it's only cool to me, I don't know, but to witness (ok, see the highlights) someone do that is pretty remarkable. It's only happened something like 23 times in the majors, and this kid (yes, we can call him a kid) is only 24 years old! I know there are a few Red Sox fans out there who actually read my blog, so congrats to you. It's a really big deal!!

1 comment:

the photoSmith said...

when i was @ the 'stros game monday night they kept updating us on the big screen that he was pitching a no hitter, but the 'stros were getting stomped so it was hard for me to get excited for him.
another feat that happened that same night was an in the park home run against the 'stros, that sucked