Saturday, January 21, 2012

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Day!!!

What a great day we had today! It was all very spur-of-the-moment, but awesome nonetheless.

Yesterday afternoon, while sitting in my office working and listening to Sports Radio 610, I found out that Joe Montana was going to be at Reliant Arena today signing autographs. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't get geeked out about sports stars and autographs... unless it's Joe Montana. I've been a fan of his since I was a little girl (I met him once in an elevator in Cincinnati), and I've always wanted to own an autographed Joe Montana jersey to frame. So, when I got home last night, I did a little research as to what the event was that he was going to be at. Turns out it was a sports memorabilia show, and you have to pay for autographs. I'm not gonna lie, I was hesitant. The price for just a photo with him (no autograph) was $189. It was another $189 to have him sign something up to 11x14, and much more for a helmet or jersey. I decided that I would go and just have my picture taken with him. The opportunity doesn't come around very often.

Mom and dad went with us, as there was also a gun show and a gem show going on at Reliant, so we made a day out of it. Once I was there, I decided I couldn't not get a jersey to have him sign... as I said, the opportunity doesn't come around very often. I also had my picture taken with him, and I'm glad I did both. I hadn't expected to spend that much money, but to me, it was worth it. So I am now the proud owner of a Joe Montana autographed 49ers jersey, and I have a perma smile on my face!

This was me talking to Joe before our $189 photo opp.

Joe after taking photos with fans.

Joe and me after he signed the jersey. Too bad he's looking at my mom's camera and not mine! (Yes, I've seen the photo she took, and he's looking at my camera and me at hers, so there isn't a photo of both of us looking at the same camera.)

 Signed jersey = perma smile!

In addition, Jay sold a gun and bought another one, and ended up with a large wad of cash in his pocket, so it was definitely a great day!

Go Niners! Beat the Giants!!!

No comments: