Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2012! I don't know about you, but I'm kinda glad to see 2011 go. Especially the last half... not so great. But it's a new year, so that's supposed to mean a fresh start, right? I'm sure this is where I'm supposed to impart some sort of wisdom for the new year, or share my resolutions, but the honest truth is, I don't have any. Of either.

I've never been one to make new year's resolutions, because I know myself too well... I probably won't keep them. Instead, I try to reflect on the year past to see what I could have done better or different, and work on that for the upcoming year. I think I have a lot of things to work on! Especially at the office. So I made a a few notes, and will get back to it on Tuesday when I return to the office.

I do have a goal this year, and that is to run a 5K. I started last May on the Couch-to-5K program, and didn't quite make it. I am still working out three days a week, just not running like I was. So that, I suppose, could be considered a resolution, but I'm looking at it more as a goal. There is a 5K here in Kemah in late April that I'm shooting for. Wish me luck!

What about you? What are your goals / resolutions for 2012?

I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season. Here's to a great 2012!


No comments: