Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving. Today is my favorite holiday, mainly because it's always been about family.  And to me, that is the most important thing in my life. I'm not gonna lie... I didn't really want to do Thanksgiving this year. It's hard for us because mine and Jay's mom don't get along so well, and we were trying to figure out how to see both sides of the family on the same day. So, reluctantly, we hosted. Of course, I was a mess. The table and the food turned out nice... I can't say that there wasn't any tension in the house, because there was - a lot of it - but we made it through. And as I'm sitting here typing this, I realized that I didn't even take a picture of the table. Dang it! Jay's brother had to take a picture of the turkey plate (I garnished it with cranberries) and said he was going to post it on Facebook with the caption "I'm at Thanksgiving dinner at Martha Stewart's house." I guess I could be called worse!

Unfortunately, today brought us some sad news as well. Jay's best friend, Bubba, lost his mom today. She had a long fight with cancer, and finally went to a better place today. Whether or not you know Bubba, I ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. It wasn't unexpected, but that doesn't make it any easier.

So... now on to the CHRISTMAS DECORATING!! I totally can't wait for that! We bought our tree yesterday (Jay is going to the lease this weekend, so he'll be out of town, and I wanted to be able to decorate it this weekend), and we brought it in the house tonight. It's perfect!!! I bought some new ornaments to put on it this year, and I have a new idea for the ribbon (I always struggle with the ribbon), so we'll see how it works out. Let the decorating begin!

No comments: