Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 5, Day 3

This is the day on the Couch to 5K program that I had marked on my calendar. I was dreading it, yet looking forward to it, if that makes any sense. And today happened to be that day. The day that I had to run 20 minutes straight with no walking. I don't think I've done that since high school. I've worked out on the elliptical machine for way more time than that, but I haven't ran continuously for 20 minutes in quite some time.

Of course it was pouring this morning when I woke up for my run. Not that I'm complaining, because we need the rain, but it was just ironic.

So I went to the gym. Thank goodness for that gym membership that I've held on to for so long but barely used. Came in handy today.

And I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill. What's the big deal? I had definitely psyched myself out, and it honestly wasn't that big of a deal. So either I totally underestimated myself with this running thing, or the Couch to 5K program is working. We'll see in another four weeks when I should be running 3.1 miles.

Don't get me wrong. I still don't like to run. Quite frankly, I never have. But I like seeing the benefits (slowly but surely). So, I'll keep getting up at 5 a.m. to run.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Paula W. said...

Good for you for getting up and doing it. My motivation comes and goes and I need to find it again. You may have just given it to me. ((Hugs))