Saturday, August 14, 2010

I admit it, I'm a fan... GTL baby!

OK, so I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but I'm about to put it out there for the world. I. Am. A. Fan. Of. Jersey Shore. There, I said it. What can I say? It's a guilty pleasure of mine, and I'm admitting it. Why, exactly, I'm not sure. Maybe because it's like watching a train wreck happen, and you can' keep your eyes off. Maybe it's because I just can't believe that there are people out there who actually live and act like this. It's very foreign to me. But, the "cast" is making money - a lot of it - off of this, and so much more. All because of people like me, who tune in every Thursday night to see what catastrophe is going to happen next.

Snooki, by far, is my favorite on the show. She says it like it is, and doesn't really care what other people think about her. After the show first came out and became a hit, I posted a Saturday Night Live parody of her. Hilarious. It makes me laugh even now. I found this article in the New York Times about her (yes, you read correctly... the New York Times ran an article on Snooki from Jersey Shore). What in the world has this world come to?

Then, I heard on one of those entertainment shows last night that the new Jersey Shore Halloween costumes are out. W.T.F.??? Jersey Shore Halloween costumes?!?!? Did I hear that right? Surely, that is not true. But, oh, is it ever. I Googled it, and found the website. It's costumecraze.com, and right on their front page they have the link. Wow. All because of a bunch of early 20-somethings who lived in a house on the Jersey Shore together for a summer. It's all the craze!!

So, I'm off to get my Snooki costume. Someone please invite me to a Halloween party this year!

Happy fist-pumping!

No comments: