Sunday, June 20, 2010

My new ride

So, I did it. I bought a new vehicle, finally! I've been talking about it for how long now? (Don't answer that.)


Jay and I made the trek (and yes, I do mean trek) up to Joe Myers Ford on Saturday. It's a little over an hour and a half ride from our house. I know what you're thinking... there's not a Ford dealer between your house and Joe Myers Ford? Well, there is. Several, actually. And I've been to a couple of them looking at vehicles (read: I've done my research).

We ended up at Joe Myers because of our insurance company. Joe Myers (man I'm giving them a lot of publicity! Their marketing folks should pay me!) is a preferred dealer of our insurance company... one of three in our area... and the only one to respond to our inquiry. So we had a little backing by going to them. And when I say trek, it was a trek.


After almost three (yes, I said three, as in 3) hours of negotiating, we all settled on a price that we could live with (me more than them, I'm sure... although they claim to have lost money on the sale... I'm not an idiot... no you didn't... I did my research). And then after about another hour up in finance an another 20 minutes waiting while they cleaned the car (why they couldn't get it cleaned in the hour we were up in finance, I have no idea), I rolled out of the lot in a 2010 Ford Escape. I love it!




No comments: