Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poor sportsmanship

I'm a competitor in most everything I do. always have been. When Jay and I played Dodgeball for a team that his work put together, I hated to lose. And I admit, I was a sore loser. When we lost, I griped and complained and said the other team didn't play fair. When I was at Rice, I hated it when our team lost, even though I wasn't out on the court or field. Losing sucks. But no matter how much I hate losing, I would never, ever, EVER (PB, that's for you!) do what Brittney Griner of the Baylor women's basketball team did the other night to a player on the Texas Tech team. I know that there was a little rough play going on back and forth between her and the Texas Tech player, but you know what, be the bigger player in this situation. Turn around and walk away.

Talk about a lapse in judgement on Grier's part. In case you don't who Griner is, she's kind of a stud. She's a freshman from Houston, leads the team in scoring, apparently can dunk without much effort, but I want to know who she thinks she is that she can get away with this? I hope Baylor does the right thing and disciplines her properly.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

If she broke her nose, she should send her all the bills! She should be suspended at least 3 games. Ridiculous!