Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall... oh how I love you. Where are you?

Really, Mother Nature? A Heat Index of 109? On October 6? REALLY?

I stepped out the door today to take out the trash, and the only word I can use is gross. The air is so thick that I wonder why I even did my hair in the first place. With weather like this, it's no use. These are the days that I am envious of my friends and family in the great Midwest who get to experience the seasons, especially fall, because it's my favorite. Now I won't lie, come Winter when y'all are digging yourselves out of 8 feet of snow, or Spring, when it's still cold up there, and I'm on the boat, I won't be so jealous, but for now, I wish fall in Houston were like the fall seasons I experienced in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Enjoy it while you can, guys, because Winter is just around the corner!

Happy fall!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I agree. At least 10 degrees colder would be nice. It's already 50 up North--that means North Dakota, not North Texas.