Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

What sweet words those are. I apologize for having not blogged in the past week or so. We've been so busy at the house, getting everything moved over from the townhouse and put away. Plus, we haven't had Internet at the house until yesterday, so that kinda makes it hard to blog!

We are so happy and blessed to be back in the house. It'll be 10 months ago tomorrow (Monday) that the storm hit. If you would have asked me 10 months ago if I thought it would have taken this long, I would have laughed in your face and told you, "hell no!" Little did I know. We're actually very fortunate to be back so soon. Yes, you heard correctly. So soon. 10 months is soon for our area. So many people are still fighting with their insurance companies, or if they didn't have any insurance (hard to believe that you wouldn't have insurance, but some people didn't), thety're trying to find a way to pay for all of the repairs. So in that regards, we're so lucky. The last 10 months have seemed to go by at a snail's pace, but I know in reality it was pretty quick.

The house, in our own humble opinion, is gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We really are so excited to be back and pleased with how it turned out.

I've got most of the kitchen together, and stuff up on the walls. I can't decide if I'm going to work on the living / dining room next, or the bedroom. All of the clothes have been put in the closet. Ok, well, actually, not all of the clothes. There are still some winter stuff left at the townhouse, but seeing how it's 100+ degrees outside these days, I don't even want to think about winter clothes. By the way - I love, love, LOVE my new master closet. Thank you, Jay, for agreeing to expand!

I've been looking here and there at furniture. I have some ideas, but we haven't bought anything yet. For someone who loves to shop, furniture shopping has got to be the most frustrating shopping experience ever. I know in my head what I want, but trying to find it is a totally different story. This could be a long process...

Anyway, that's all I really have to report. Just loving being back home, finally, in our home. Thank you to everyone who helped us get to this point. We couldn't have done it without you (even those of you who are in California and Michigan... your support helped get us here!).

No comments: