Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!!!

This is still really funny to me. A snow day in Houston, Texas. But yes, pretty much the whole city - hell, the whole state of Texas - is shut down today because of "Snowpocolypse." Ha! What that means for me is a three-day weekend, folding laundry, and catching up on work that I wouldn't have been able to get done in the office. So I kinda don't mind it. But it's still funny to me. Snow day.

The city and state just aren't used to this. I'm from the midwest, and went to school there, so I know what a snow day is like. And it ain't this. Turns out we didn't get any snow, but we got the ice. And people.tired.to.drive.in.it.this.morning. Seriously, Houston? Are you people that dumb? STAY HOME!!! The whole city is shut down. Schools are closed. Most of the businesses are closed. The county and city are closed. WHY do you need to be out on the roads? It's not worth it! The local media is having a field day with this. People who tried to drive and got stuck on the bridges and overpasses make for good entertainment. I'm not going to even call it news. It's entertainment. Dumb people make for good entertainment. Give it a couple hours, people, and it will warm up enough above freezing to melt and then you can get out.

It's amazing to me how dumb some people are. As one of my employees said to me earlier this week, "God takes care of dumb people." After today, he's got a lot of work to do.

Stay warm. Be careful out there. And don't go out if you don't have to.

Here are some pictures from around the city today.





No comments: