Thursday, June 26, 2008

I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan...

I'm sorry, I know I have friends, and Jay has family, that live in Michigan, but we all know that I am an Ohio State child. And I'm sitting here in Ann Arbor, Michigan, right now... home of the University of Michigan... Ohio State's biggest rival. You can probably imagine how I feel. I'm not real fond of this place. But, to make me feel better, I did go and take a picture in front of the stadium giving the thumbs down. He he he. It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

We drove from the UP on Monday to Minnesota (604 miles), where we stayed for a day. I got to see where Jay grew up, and where his gramma lives now, so that was pretty cool. She actually lives on a beautiful lake, and the weather was really nice so we spent some time outside. We then got back in the car and headed back to Michigan (another 654 miles). Needless to say, we've spent a lot of time in the car. But, I've also gotten to see part of the country I've never seen before.

Here are some highlights from the drive to Minnesota and back to Michigan:
  • Lake Michigan. Another beautiful sight. We followed the west shore for about 150 miles and it was gorgeous.
  • Wisconsin. I got a glimpse of the home of the Green Bay Packers. Not a fan of the Pack, but it was still cool.
  • Flooded fields. It wasn't as bad as what I've seen in Iowa on TV, but it was still pretty bad. A lot of crops ruined.
  • Amish. We saw the tracks for the horse and buggy, and a few miles down there was an Amish farmer using six horses and a plow to plow his field. You don't see that every day!
  • Chicago traffic. Gang, we don't have it bad in Houston at all. It took us over two hours to get through the traffic in Chicago. Granted, we were about an hour ahead of rush hour, but still, it was not fun.

No comments: