Friday, March 7, 2008

Kilgore, Texas


So, here I am in Kilgore, Texas. Ever been here? Me either. But now I can check it off my list.

No, I'm not here to try out to be a Rangerette (much to some of y'alls dismay), but I will go to the Rangerette Museum and Showcase (www.rangerette.com). For those of you not familiar with what I am talking about, the Rangerettes are a drill team started at Kilgore College that dates back to, well, I'm not sure when it dates back to (that's why I'm going to the museum), but they've been around for awhile. That's about all I really know about them. Oh yea, and they're known for their high kick lines. Second best to the Rockettes.

There is a Wal-Mart and Chili's here in Kilgore... not sure what that means, exactly, but it gave me something to do tonight. Tomorrow, maybe a road trip (12 miles) north to Longview, that is, if the guys win. If not, it's on the road again on US 59 headed South to HOME!

2 comments:

aA said...

"...and kick, and kick, and kick"

the photoSmith said...

welcome to blog world! good 'ol kilgore, i've passed through there many-a-times going from nac to dallas.